PowerHockey Canada is a national parasport organization that is focused on the growth and development of powerhockey nationwide. Established in 2018, PowerHockey Canada is recognized as a Registered Canadian Amateur Athletic Association. Through this designation it works to achieve its goals and objectives of developing, funding, promoting, and operating powerhockey activities, programs and facilities for the purposes of governing, advancing and promoting the sport in Canada.
PowerHockey Canada is a proud True Sport member, ensuring commitment to a safe and inclusive sporting experience for all. The True Sport values of fairness, excellence, inclusion and fun, along with the seven True Sport principles, are incorporated into every PowerHockey Canada initiative.
From the grassroots level to high performance play, PowerHockey Canada is committed to excellence for all para-athletes from coast-to-coast. Its player-oriented Board of Directors finds ways to engage with all Canadians, demonstrating the abilities of the para-athletes and showing that success and excellence is not limited by ability.
Enable para-athletes of all abilities who use a power wheelchair to participate in the sport of powerhockey by developing and supporting leagues from the local recreational level up to and including a high-performance national program.
Create a strong, inclusive network of powerhockey leagues across Canada and develop into the best powerhockey nation in the world.
Our Goals and Objectives
- Grow and develop a strong inclusive network of leagues across (local, regional, and national).
- Strengthen partnerships with IWAS and international powerhockey organizations.
- Increase awareness, recognition, and participation in powerhockey across Canada.
- Host the national PowerHockey Canada Cup as well as develop a national high-performance training program and represent powerhockey on the international stage.
- Ease the financial burden of operating powerhockey programs within Canada and competing internationally.